Economic Development Committee
In 2016, the Town of Presque Isle established an Economic Development Committee (EDC). The EDC supports businesses and commercial/recreational initiatives that preserve the character of the Town and natural environment, while promoting and securing avenues that encourage business growth and development. The goal of the EDC is to attract opportunities and developments that increase resident property values, grow a sustainable year-round job market, and improve our quality of life. Initiatives may include:
- special tax incentives to its businesses,
- rural development and main street improvement grants,
- recreational improvements,
- and other programs that will foster a healthy, year-round local economy.
Resources for existing or start up businesses include:
- Traditional commercial loans via our member banks: Associated Bank and Headwaters State Bank, along with others
- Impact Seven, Inc: A community development corporation (CDC), Impact Seven was founded in 1970 by people of Northwestern Wisconsin concerned with a waning economy and is an Equal Opportunity Corporation.
- Vilas County EDC Angel Investor Program: For information on the VCEDC Angel Investor Program, please contact Nicole Justa at 715-617-7737.
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation: WEDC is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that invites and rewards business, professional and personal pursuits In Wisconsin®. Their Mission, Vision and Core Values are centered around this purpose. Mission: to advance and maximize opportunities in Wisconsin for businesses, communities and people to thrive in a globally competitive environment. More info for entrepreneurs here.