Trails are available for use any day of the week at your leisure.
Trailhead welcome center provides restrooms and area information.
Staff office hours are Mon-Sat; call 715-543-2085.
A year ’round, community-based nature center with drop-in activities for all ages, including an interpretive trail, bog boardwalk, active waterfront, and hike/bike/ski/snowshoe trails. Center programs provide residents and visitors a wealth of opportunities including outdoor recreation, adventure travel and nature education lectures, social gatherings and hands-on, active learning experiences. Drop in and “discover” us!
The North Lakeland Discovery Center is dedicated to exploring. preserving and enhancing the region’s natural, cultural and historic resources. Its peaceful 66-acre property lies on the pristine shores of Statehouse Lake in the heart of the Northern Highland State Forest.
The Discovery Center features:
- Programs for the entire family, year ’round!
- Children’s programs
- Nature Nook
- Canoe & kayak trips
- Bill Lambrecht Memorial Interpretive Nature Trail
- Bog Boardwalks
- Guided hikes
- Annual Birding Festival (May)
- Year ’round bird outings
- Discovery Center Bird Club
- Annual Just Tri-It Triathlon (the Sat. nearest July 4th)
- 20+ km of hike/bike/groomed ski and snowshoe trails
- Facility rental
- Amphitheater with stage overlooking Statehouse Lake
- School-based programs
- Environmental learning programs (we can come to you!)
- A beautiful setting for weddings or special gatherings (inquire about our facility’s rental opportunities)
Director’s House is a “Hide-away” cabin snuggled amongst the pines … Ideal for the silent sport enthusiasts or for those simply in need of a peaceful, quiet vacation. Vaulted ceilings and wood interior, patio door overlooking Statehouse Lake, private dock, front-door access to groomed ski and snowshoe trails. 2 bedroom house (the only dwelling on Statehouse Lake) sleeps 6 comfortably.